The Last Gang
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2018? (Preferably in order 1-5)
- Swingin' Utters - Peace And Love
- The Interrupters - Fight The Good Fight
- The Street Dogs - Stand For Something Die For Nothing
- Frank Turner - Be More Kind
- Nothing - Dancing On The Blacktop
2. What band did you discover in 2018 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Nothing. I’ve always been a fan of shoegaze music and echo/reverb guitars. I discovered them while on the recent Swingin' Utters tour. It was the longest tour I’ve done since my daughter being born so there were days I just wanted to not think of anything and I remember I was looking out the window of the van while driving through some empty ness in Montana and “Zero Day” came on and for some reason it just hypnotized me.
3. How will you remember 2018? (In terms of music)
I feel like most of my favorite punk bands all put out a record this year. But I will be biased as I will remember it as the year we put out our debut record on FAT Wreck.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2019?
A LOT of touring! We really want to play places we have never played meet new people.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2019?
There are a couple I can’t say that are in the works, haha!
6. Right now there are two primary types of digital services: subscription streaming and the bandcamp approach that's more individualized. Do you have a preference and what direction do you think future streaming/download services will move toward?
I have always enjoyed spotify as a listener, but I do hear that as a musician bandcamp is a bit more useful. As far as the future of it who knows? One thing I’ve noticed with myself is when I would buy a tape or a CD when I was younger I would listen to it from beginning to end for weeks on end. Now a new record comes out and I will enjoy it for a few days but then a new record comes out and I got listen to that. Sometimes it’s too much at your finger tips, haha.