Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
The Formative Years – The Pushead 100 Having just entered my teenage years and developed an insatiable appetite for hardcore punk, spurned by my discovery of The Exploited, which lured ... read more
Water of Life - Milk & Honey Distillery One of my whisk(e)y related endeavours is to try emissions from regions that are commonly not really associated with spirits. Needless ... read more
High Adventures in the Great Outdoors Surf Culture, Barney Cools and the return of fabrics Surf culture and the music it is associated with is an interesting genre. Coined ... read more
Water of Life – Visions in Style What makes a great whisky tasting? I have been lucky to attend a wide range of whisky tastings on this earthround. Some were ... read more
Water of Life - GlenAllachie Virgin Oak Series GlenAllachie is an interesting distillery – interesting in that it had been on the radar for the longest time, but for ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.