Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Tim and Eric Enmore Theatre Sydney, Australia January 15, 2020 For the uninitiated, Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim, “Tim & Eric” is a comedy duo that has garnered a cult ... read more
Life – The Show Spiegeltent Sydney, Australia January 9, 2020 Given that the creative entity that is Strut & Fret is known for assembling superbly talented performers for their productions ... read more
Mclusky Oxford Art Factory Sydney, Australia January 12, 2020 Mclusky…rings a bell, huh? I remembered that they were one of the better bands in the 1990s that emerged out ... read more
Gotta Get Theroux This Louis Theroux Macmillan Louis Theroux and his documentaries are known the world over due to two things: Theroux’s idiosyncratic, self-deprecating approach to journalism and unique ... read more
Double Delicious Carriageworks Sydney, Australia January 8. 2020 Food and the need to eat is universal and a common denominator. As Maya Angelou put it so eloquently, the exercise of ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.