Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Water of Life - KI NO BI gin Gin has experienced a renaissance and celebration the extent of which is yet to subside. Craft and micro distilleries are popping ... read more
Aesthetics Equals Politics: New Discourses across Art, Architecture, and Philosophy The MIT Press There are a range of quotes that came to mind from the title along, e.g. Paul ... read more
ZIRK! CIRCUS SYDNEY OPENING NIGHT Moore Park Sydney, Australia July 6, 2019 As the Colombian sculptor and figurative artists Fernando Botero put it oh so eloquently: “ The circus allows ... read more
Water of Life – Amrut Naarangi and Kadhambam I have always had a weak spot for sludge metal from New Orleans and Down’s “Bury me in smoke” is a ... read more
Thus Let Us Drink Beer – Edge Brewing Project There seems to be a newer ending influx of newly established breweries dabbling in the creation of craft beers with ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.