Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* email@example.com is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Mesdames et messieurs – welcome to the second installment of our feature on Germany’s Gestalten Verlag: Let’s ease in with a beauty: Best of German Interior Design Eds. Christian Boros, ... read more
Rembrandt and the Dutch Golden Age: Masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum Art Gallery of NSW Sydney, Australia In the 17th century Dutch Republic – a newly wealthy and independent nation – ... read more
Super Food Family Classics Jamie Oliver Penguin Books Australia Jamie's Super Food Family Classics is the healthy-eating companion book to the new TV series of Jamie's Super Food. Every ... read more
Locust HouseAdam GnadeThree One G / Pioneer Press This one is short, immersive, dense, turbulent and poignant. A novella-length rumination on a time, a place, and a culture. Less ... read more
Men without Women Haruki Murakami Penguin Books Australia Men Without Women is a 2014 collection of short stories by Japanese author Haruki Murakami, which was recently translated in English in ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.