Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Psychosis 4:48 Old Fitz Theatre Sydney, AU August 19, 2017 Sarah Kane’s 4:48 Psychosis is essentially a 60 minute long stare into the abyss of darkness and struggle of mental illness, ... read more
Vin Diemen “Best of Tassie” National Art School, Cell Block Theatre Sydney, AU August 12, 2017 I sure hope that my recent features on Tasmania and MONA have tickled your ... read more
Montaigne Metro Theatre Sydney, AU August 12, 2017 Michel de Montaigne was one of the most significant philosophers on the French Renaissance known for popularizing the essay as a literary ... read more
“…thus, let us drink beer!” – Belgium special Waffles. Friterie. Chocolate. A royal palace bigger than Buckingham palace. The first country to legalise euthanasia and ban cluster bombs. Three ... read more
Always going upstream against the current – part 1 Pescatarians listen up. Salmon. How do I love thee? I cannot possibly count the ways. This series shall follow my travels ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.