Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Erwin Wurm. Prestel Publishing A humorous and playful artist heavily influenced by the all too familiar trivialities and banal objects of the daily humdrum, which he extends or manipulates to ... read more
Talisker - Made by the Sea Neighbourhood Bondi Sydney, Australia May 3, 2018 Talisker. One of the triumvirates of whiskies that Robert Louis Stevenson claimed to be the king of ... read more
Whisky and Cheese Tasting Stamford Plaza Circular Quay Sydney, Australia April 25, 2018 Wine and cheese. Sure. Natural companions whose strengths of flavors cross-pollinate and complement each other. Now, sommeliers ... read more
Portugal. The Man Enmore Theatre Sydney, Australia May 1, 2018 Portugal. The Man Psychedelic glam rock. Bombastic self-indulgent EDM brats? One hit wonder? Could a band care less about your ... read more
Hit The Road Vans, Nomads and Roadside Adventures Gestalten Verlag Wanderlust. Getaways. Roadtrips. Traveling. Everyday can be a journey. Your own. No nomadic traits needed. Trails, streets, roads and ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.