Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Water of Life Sydney Gin Palooza Let’s talk about distilled artisanal drops that are predominantly derived from juniper berries as the main core ingredient. Not unlike with whiskey, the gin ... read more
Anselm Kiefer: Books and Woodcuts Anselm Kiefer has been an immense impact on me ever since I was exposed to him in the late 1980s. I travel just to ... read more
If you have paid a bit of attention to this series, you would be aware that peat and smoke is something that resonates immensely well with my DNA, hence covering ... read more
Let’s enter the den of iniquity, shall we? Based in Adelaide in the South of Australia, Iniquity is not merely one of the many distilleries that have recently mushroomed across ... read more
Frank Bowling: Mappa Mundi Prestel Publishing For the uninitiated, the book title is a telling one as it zeros in on Frank Bowling’s large-scale map paintings, which are more often ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.