Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Water of Life – Seppeltsfield Road Distillers With gin distilling having exploded in both demand and offerings and no end in sight when it comes to mushrooming, methinks we ... read more
Gallery Lévy Gorvy Gerhard Richter and Roy Lichtenstein Being a stalwart in the realm of both contemporary as well as post-war art, Lévy Gorvy is one of the galleries ... read more
High Adventures in the Great Outdoors – Footwear We covered how much boots and specifically Dr. Martens coined underground couture in the 1970s and throughout the 1980s. However, with ... read more
High Adventures in the Great Outdoors Rock and Roll and Sunglasses, Pared Eyewear Putting on a set of sunglasses can transform your whole look or as good ole Mulholland ... read more
High Adventures in the Great Outdoors Swiss Wave and Calida Gottfried Keller, precision watch manufacturing, the Alps, Max Frisch, fondue, versatile wee red knives, solid milk chocolate, more than ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.