Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Water of Life – Chivas Mizunara and XV Inspired by the attendance of Chivas’ recent Sydney incarnation of The Blend, my curiosity was sparked to explore Chivas’ expressions that so ... read more
Neneh Cherry Carriageworks Sydney, Australia January 15, 2019 Since the beginnings of the 1980s, Neneh Cherry has incarnated in many forms: Be it hip hop, trippy hop, R&B, minimalist electronic, ... read more
Masters of Modern Sound Art Gallery of New South Wales Sydney, Australia January 10, 2019 The Art Gallery of New South Wales has a history of continually challenging the ... read more
David Lynch Someone is in My House Prestel Publishing With a myriad of projects spanning across a plethora of disciplines and media, David Lynch has established himself to be ... read more
Interpol Opera House Sydney, Australia January 5, 2019 Joy Division. A band whose legacy and focus on mood, melancholy and expression has never ceased to reverberate through the realm of ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.