Hello. Some of you might remember (or have participated in) my experiment over the summer collecting people's wishes on this page. I got over 160 entries and published them all in my print zine, "I'M A PRETENDER" (named after an Exploding Hearts song). This is what issue 2 looks like, and you can see the cover here.
The zine is a 24 page black and white A5-sized booklet that I write and design myself. Issue #1 was mainly 'creative writing' stuff (mostly short fiction and poetry); issue #2 has a wider mix of stuff and is hopefully a little funnier and more entertaining to read. The centrepoint of the issue is the Wishes project and the results, but as well as that there are such features as "My top 5 biggest social anxieties", "4 people you have never heard of", a modern-day retelling of the Viking armageddon story (Ragnarok) and perhaps the only zine columnist who happens to be an eagle. "How can I get my hands on this zine, Matt?!" I hear you cry. "Well", I answer confidently, "Pick an option from the list below:"
* Message me your address and I'll mail you a copy. Simple!
* If you fancy posting me a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it, that would be nice, since I don't charge for the zine and don't include any ads, so I make a loss printing it.
* Paypal me around $4 USD (or whatever your currency is). That's steeper than usual due to the crappy exchange rate and the pricey £2 I have to pay for international delivery, but I can't afford to mail it out myself (see above!).
* firstname.lastname@example.org is my Paypal address.
* Alternatively, if you wanna do a zine trade or something I'd be down for this. Email me, same address as above.
Some useful links:
Artisans in the Gardens Exhibition Lion’s Gate at the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney October 13, 2017 Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens is a not-for-profit membership based organisation supporting ... read more
Napalm Death Factory Theatre Sydney, Australia October 11, 2017 Extreme times demand extreme responses. After successful runs in the USA and Europe, the intemperate Napalm Death and BRUJERIA conglomerate were heading south to ... read more
Greek Film Festival Palace Cinemas Leichhardt October 10-22, 2017 The Delphi Bank 24th Greek Film Festival set out to celebrate Greek-Australian filmmakers with festival guests Sotiris Dounoukos and Mary Zournazi and ... read more
Queens of the Stone Age and Royal Blood Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, Colorado 10.10.2017 It wasn't looking good. In typical Colorado fashion, following a summer-like 76° Sunday, mother nature ... read more
Pinot Palooza - A Touring Pinot Noir Festival Sydney Carriageworks October 8, 2017 Looking for a near perfectly orchestrated and curated, traveling and rocking Pinot Noir experience without pretentious ... read more
Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:
Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.