With the new Simultaneity Now out on Friday August 2, Multicult provide yet another reason to love Baltimore. The new record releases on Learning Curve Records, who coincidentally also roster Tongue Party, Super Thief, and Vincas, who are offering support as Multicult crosses the United States through August and September.
Prep for the record by streaming advance tracks at Multicult's Bandcamp page, and read this hot band-on-band-on-band-on-band interview for a teaser of the live tune wreckage and banter coming to a stage near you soon.
We've listed exact tour dates below.
Tongue Party interviews Multicult
You call yourselves Multicult. Would you consider joining us?
Let’s talk offline about that. Black ops, you understand. National security and all.
What is a French drain?
This is a handy but somewhat expensive mod you can do to a basement to make it not a musty bunghole, suitable for band practice, or pickling, or other prolonged activities involving sustained human presence in a subterranean space.
Any advice for the general masses?
If you get hungry, eat something! And stay hydrated! The more you know!
Multicult interviews Super Thief
Does anyone in the band have a history of shoplifting or embezzlement? You can plead the Fifth here.
Jay likes to steal from Whole Foods. Ted is planning a Juul heist.
Are you all originally from Texas? Where else does the Super Thief geographical umbrella reach?
We are all Texas kids. Jordan was born in Oklahoma, but grew up mostly in Texas. The rest of us are all from the Houston area. Yeehaw!
What’s your fave Austin band of all time? There’s some ding-dang pedigree in that town.
Super Thief interviews Vincas
What’s your favorite Vincas song y’all have written?
An uplifting jam called “Murder.” It’s a real crowd pleaser, emotionally.
As band, what’s your favorite non-rock album to bump on tour?
If Tim is driving, Digital Underground’s Sex Packets. If he is a passenger, I can hear it bleeding through his ear buds.
Pick one band member for each: Fuck, Kill, Marry.
Vincas interviews Tongue Party
What’s the most insane experience y'all have had touring the American wasteland?
Carbon monoxide poisoning from Atlanta to Kansas City, Missouri. We almost died, for one. Secondly, the entire rest of the tour was just some crazy disassociate blur. We had to have Matt from Bummer drive us back to Minneapolis.
What’s the best/worst state to drive through?
Any state that takes longer than 8 hours to get through with nothing to look at is the worst state. Any state with more than one Waffle House is the best state to drive through.
What’s the weirdest thing you have in the van?
This God damned curse.
Catch Multicult on tour, in support of Simultaneity Now:
- 1 - Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
- 2 - Athens, GA @ Caledonia Lounge w/ Super Thief
- 3 - Durham, NC @ The Pinhook w/ Super Thief
- 4 - Atlanta, GA @ The Earl w/ Super Thief
- 5 - Chattanooga, TN @ The Spot w/ Super Thief
- 6 - New Orleans, LA @ Circle Bar w/ Super Thief
- 7 - Austin, TX @ Barracuda w/ Super Thief
- 9 - Chicago, IL @ Co-Prosperity Sphere w/ Tongue Party
- 10 - Minneapolis, MN @ Mortimer's w/ Tongue Party
- 11 - Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews w/ Tongue Party
- 13 - Denver, CO @ 3 Kings Tavern w/ Tongue Party
- 15 - Seattle, WA @ Clock Out Lounge w/ Tongue Party
- 16 - Portland, OR @ High Water Mark w/ Tongue Party
- 17 - Oakland, CA @ Elbo Room w/ Tongue Party
- 18 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Lexington w/ Tongue Party
- 13 - Portland, ME @ Geno's w/ Vincas
- 14 - Brooklyn, NY @ Knitting Factory w/ Vincas
- 15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Ortlieb's w/ Vincas