Daryl (Spokenest - guitar/Razorcake - editor)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Big Crux - Ponchito
- Acid Fast - Rabid Moon
- Total Control - Typical System
- The Gotobeds - Poor People Are Revolting
- Hurula - Vi är människorna våra föräldrar varnade oss för
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
DARTO! We played a show with them in January on the recommendation of a friend and I didn’t know what to expect. Then they played and they frickin’ leveled the place.
Ridiculously gnarly, shredding with a screwdriver. It was awesome. I got to see them two more times this year and cherished every second of it.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
The year it took forever to release a record. There’s got to be a faster way for records to get turned around. Especially if the RSD nonsense isn’t going to slow down any time soon.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Spokenest has 3/4ths of a full-length recorded. Hopefully we’ll finish the rest of it in 2015. Not sure when it will be released.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
Still waiting on the new Tim Version. Really Red re-issues from Alternative Tentacles!
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
At a certain point I felt really fucking lame, but I realized that a lot of current hardcore bands that people are excited about don’t do anything for me. Whatever. It’s my problem, not the kids.