Stephen Brodsky (Mutoid Man/Cave In)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2016? (In order 1-5)
- Neurosis - Fires Within Fires
- Ray Lamontagne - Ouroboros
- Helms Alee - Stillcide
- Emma Ruth Rundle - Marked For Death
- Marissa Nadler - Strangers
2. What band did you discover in 2016 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Beach Slang. Groovy lyrics both youthful & bratty - worthy heirs of the throne that Jawbreaker occupied in our hearts for so long.
3. How will you remember 2016? (In terms of music)
The birth of Converge: Blood Moon.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2017?
There will be another Mutoid Man album released in the spring of next year, which I'm really pumped for people to hear... and hopefully that leads to more tours with friends both old & new. There's a couple other musical collaborations that I'm excited to help grow - a bit too early to say what they are right now...
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2017?
I hear that Converge is writing new stuff so I guess I'll have to bug Ben Koller about playing me demos. My friends Adam & J.R. from Cave In have a new band called Nomad Stones that just keeps getting better, curious to hear what they deliver next. Also I think Chelsea Wolfe is gonna record again soon and I'm all ears for that...