Tobias Jeg (Red Scare Industries)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- The Lawrence Arms - Metropole
- The Copyrights - Report
- Bishops Green - Pressure
- Maybe that thing Bangers did?
- Maybe that Run The Jewels 2?
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I finally got to see the band Success! from Seattle. Those guys are originally from my tiny hometown of Enumclaw, WA, so that's super cool to see that there's other kids from the sticks get involved in the punk scene. I was on tour and we had an off-day, so they put together a show at this awesome divey club called The Kraken in Seattle, and they had everyone's attention. Looking forward to hearing more from them.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
We had our 10-Year Anniversary festivities, and it was a LOT of work, but it was so neat to have all the bands in town for that weekend. I wish it lasted all week, but I woulda probably died. Not only did all the bands converge in Chicago, but we had visitors from all over the country and all over the world.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Me personally? Who cares?! I'm looking for a new job, maybe out West. Anyone wanna start a punk commune in Southern Oregon, say Medford-ish?
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
I'm biased towards Red Scare stuff and we have some doozies coming in 2015. New records from Nothington, Derek Grant (of Alkaline Trio), Sucess!, Elway... maybe new ones from Direct Hit! and The Falcon. Whoa.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Aside from all the Red Scare 10-year festivities, I would say there was a lot of fun travelling. I tour manage that silly band called The Lawrence Arms, and they somehow did five little tours in 2014. West Coast, then Europe, then East Coast, then Midwest, then UK. I really enjoy meeting people and seeing shit, so it was something I will remember fondly.