Sean - GlueHC.com
1. What is your name/publication/title?
Sean / GlueHC.com / Editor
2. When did you start up? What was your intent in starting a webzine?
Site was launched September 1st, 2011 with the purpose of offering daily news specifically for fans of hardcore.
3. In the time you've been publishing, what do you feel has been the biggest change in the music scene/industry? How has this impacted your reporting of it?
Haven't really been at it long enough to see much change, but it's always surprising which bands / labels make an effort to get info out there and those that seem to want to make their news hard to find.
4. Do you think the decline in sales of print-based music magazines is partly due to the rise of webzines? Do you think webzines themselves are now dropping off in favour of something newer?
It seems like a lot of folks are opting for Tumblr, but there still seems to be a sense of legitimacy associated with proper websites. Most of the print magazines out there seem to be suffering, but in many of the cases it seems due to a lack of quality content. Those with good content, print or web, tend to stick around.
5. In terms of your readers, do they show any preference for any specific types of content? Do they favour multimedia features (mp3s, podcasts, videos, etc) or more traditional content types?
Like I said, our focus is anything and everything related to hardcore and that's it. By focusing specifically on this, we're able to provide what I hope our readers are looking for most of the time.
6. How have online commenting systems developed since you've been publishing? Have you taken any steps to “manage” the community of fans posting on your site?
It's been pretty easy as long as we're able to catch spam.
7. What do you think the future is for web publishing? Do you have any plans to cater for users on different platforms (mobile devices, social networks, apps like Spotify)? Would you ever consider experimenting with print?
We've had some readers request an iPhone app, but we'll have to see if we can find the time to create one. We get a lot of positive feedback on the mobile version of our site.
8. Anything you’d like to add?
Thanks for asking for my opinion!