Features One Question Interviews Gnarboots

One Question Interviews: Gnarboots

Aaron Carnes (Gnarboots) 

SPB: What is the ideal format to a show line-up? (How many bands, genres, etc.?)

Carnes: I always liked lineups that were diverse. Shows with only one style of band is so boring. Back in the day when G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T. Adam and I were in ska bands, every other fucking band we played with was ska. We love ska more than Jesus, but really? Five ska bands in a row. Boooorrrrrring! Ideally, a good bill would have one band from every possible genre that exists, with no overlap. In most circumstances that would entail having there be 250 bands on funk to rasta to punk to the other 246 genres. We do them all. Book us to be on your next bill and you can go ahead and let the other 4 bands all be '90s skacore Reel Big Fish Less Than Jaake bands you like. The show won't be boring at all. G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S will more than make up for all your stupid music clichés that you are too scared to change. You are pathetic. You are losers. No one loves you. Join us. Join G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. Join our cause. G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. loves you. G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S will take care of you. Take all thoughts captive to the obedience of G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. The body is not meant for sexual immorality but for G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. Your body's for G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. Act like G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. is with you all the time, because we are. We see everything you do, so walk humbly before us and with him over sing and over temptation, in obedience. 

I also think it's cool when shows start early, like 7pm or 8pm. Nothing worse than a show than doesn't start till 11pm and you're not home till 2:30pm and you still have to watch a couple episodes of Prison Break and eat Cheetos to unwind and you're not in bed till almost 5 in the morning. Personally I liked the first two seasons of Prison Break, and didn't care for Seasons 3 & 4. I watched them all, of course. You just keep hoping that it'll get better, but it never does. Well, technically season 4 was better than Season 3, but that's not saying much. Season 3 made NO sense. They were supposed to be in some crazy Panamanian jail (Spoiler Alert) and there is the guards don't do anything. And then at the end they just walk out (Spoiler Alert)! I mean come on! I know that from the beginning we had to suspend a whole lot of belief to belief than this dude would go into a prison all tatted up with escape plans--and that they would work! (Spoiler Alert) But at least it was fun and had a plot and we were willing to go along with the writers. But what was the breakout moment in Season 3? When they sort of escaped again (Spoiler Alert). UGH! 

My favorite thing a show needs, at least one that G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S. plays, is other bands willing to let us use their gear because we don't own gear. We don't practice. 95% of what G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T. Adam and I do for the band is text ridiculous ideas back and forth. The other 5% is we hop on stage and scream in people's faces. ‘Cause fuck bands. ‘Cause fuck music. ‘Cause fuck every other band that isn't G.N.A.R.B.O.O.T.S.

Credits

Words by Loren on June 4, 2014, 7:34 p.m.

Advertisement
KFAI - Roar of the Underground
Leave a comment
Gnarboots

Posted by Loren on June 4, 2014, 7:34 p.m.

Share this content
Related news

Bands 1QI: Ghostbot Records, LA Zinefest, The Men, Gnarboots.

Posted June 2, 2014, 9:35 a.m.

One of our newest features here at Scene Point Blank is our semi-daily quickie Q&A: One Question Interviews. Follow us at facebook or twitter and we'll post one ...

Bands 1QI: Bobby Joe Ebola, Gnarboots, The Gunshy, Plan-it-X Records

Posted May 13, 2014, 2:56 p.m.

One of our newest features here at Scene Point Blank is our semi-daily quickie Q&A: One Question Interviews. Follow us at facebook or twitter and we'll post one ...

Advertisement
KFAI - Root Of All Evil

More like this

Also in this section
EarthQuaker Devices

One Question Interviews EarthQuaker Devices

Posted Aug. 25, 2019, 2:13 p.m.
What's That Noise?

Jamie Stillman (EarthQuaker Devices - President/Product Designer) SPB: EarthQuaker has a reputation for high quality, versatile builds that artists can use in the studio, live ...

Starless Domain

One Question Interviews Starless Domain

Posted Aug. 14, 2019, 8:08 p.m.
What's That Noise?

AEF (Starless Domain) SPB: What electronic equipment/synthesisers do you use and what led you to those in particular? AEF: On the album EOS I ...

Vandoliers

One Question Interviews Vandoliers

Posted July 23, 2019, 8:43 p.m.
What's That Noise?

Josh Fleming (Vandoliers) SPB: Take us through your gear setup from your last tour?  Fleming: We roll around the country as a six-piece band, stuffing ...

x

Logo

Looking for the SPB logo? You can download it in a range of styles and colours here:

Click anywhere outside this dialog to close it, or press escape.