Wells Tipley (86'd Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2015? (In order 1-5)
- Dead Bars - Emergency single
- Fortvivlan - Kaotiska EP
- Basement Benders- s/t EP
- Mouth - s/t
- Notches - Huge EP
2. What band did you discover in 2015 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Bob Seger. More of a re-discovery. I spent a lot of time feeling against the wind this year. I listened to a lot of album cuts on the jukebox at the bar.
3. How will you remember 2015? (In terms of music)
I finally got settled in my apartment and have all my stereo equipment setup. Neil Young sounds great.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2016?
Boilerman will be releasing their second full-length, Feel Ways About Stuff, in the spring. The band will be touring Japan in April 2016. Go White Bronco (members of Iron Chic, Fellow Project, more.) will follow up 2011's Life as a Monument 7" single with a fulllength titled Ghost Town.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2016?
Honestly, the Boilerman and Go White Bronco records. They're both so fucking good. I'm dying for people to hear these records.
6. How relevant is the physical format record/cd/tape in 2015 and going into 2016? What do you see changing in terms of physical vs. digital discussions?
I don't know but we're gonna find out!