Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer/ House of Low Culture/ SIGE Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2013? (In order 1-5)
(I can't put them in order)
- Elaine Radigue - Feedback Works 1969-1970
- Daniel Menche - Vilke and Marriage of Metals
- Kevin Drumm - Humid Weather and Crowded
- Mohamed - Som Sakrifis
- NPR - Science Fridays
2. What band did you discover in 2013 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Black Spirituals. They are an amazing project from Oakland, CA. One of the best live shows I have ever seen/felt, and a great community full of life positive energy. Also really great new friends and amazingly talented and nice people.
3. How will you remember 2013? (In terms of music)
Great records, talented soulful humans, flagging sales, yet a pervasive underground of inspirational momentum, positivity and creative will.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2014?
- Studio full-length for Mamiffer - Austeja, a recording of our live set.
- Proper studio full-length for Mamiffer of 13 songs.
- US tours for Mamiffer and House of Low Culture
- 3 new books
- Many new SIGE releases
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2014?
Not on SIGE:
- Aaron Turner & Daniel Menche (Taiga Records)
- Alex Barnett (Spectrum Spools)
- New Circle
- New Alcest
- Jon Mueller/Death Blues
- Mesa Ritual
- Daniel Menche & William Fowler Collins
- Menace Ruine
- Black Spirituals
6. There is a lot of debate over streaming sites and royalties, namely with Spotify. What is your stance on the economic policies behind the current streaming services? Do you have a preferred one?
I just hope people continue to appreciate, support artists and buy their records regardless of streaming sites.