Thom Wasluck (Music Ruins Lives/ Planning for Burial)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2013? (In order 1-5)
- Night Beds - Country Sleep
- Chelsea Wolfe - Pain Is Beauty
- Lee Noble - Ruiner
- Jesu - Everyday I Get Closer To The Light From Which I Came
- My Bloody Valentine - mbv
2. What band did you discover in 2013 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I didn't do as much discovering this year as I did changing my habit of hording every bit of music I could get my hands and instead just spending time with the music I have already owned as a whole.
3. How will you remember 2013? (In terms of music)
Just spending time with old favorites.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2014?
Finally releasing my new full-length Desideratum in late spring as well as a handful of other smaller cassette/EP releases.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2014?
Have A Nice Life's The Unnatural World
6. There is a lot of debate over streaming sites and royalties, namely with Spotify. What is your stance on the economic policies behind the current streaming services? Do you have a preferred one?
I like to use bandcamp. It's more direct, and you can name the price you feel people should pay for your music, I see people streaming any of my music on that site is just a way for them to hear my music.