Starcleaner Records/ Shellshag
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2013? (In order 1-5)
- Nuclear Santa Claust - Order of the New Age (Don Giovanni Records)
- Hard Feelings - Swell (Starcleaner)
- Hilly Eye - Reasons to Live (Giovanni Records)
- Dead Dog - Precious Child (Dead Broke Records)
- Dark Rides - Walk the Floors (Do Ya Hear We)
- Frozen Teens - Oakland Footsteps 7" (Starcleaner)
- Kreamy 'Lectric Santa/Bobby Joe Ebola split 7" (All Killer No Filler)
- Apogee Sound Club/Shellshag split 7" (Thrillhouse)
- Garbage/Screaming Females split 10" - Because the Night
- Screaming Females – Chalk Tape cassette
2. What band did you discover in 2013 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Lilith Velkor. Look them up. Great guys, great band. Re-motivated us to give a shit.
3. How will you remember 2013? (In terms of music)
The year Shellshag played Hawaii and joined the band Underground Railroad to Candyland at Awesome Fest in San Diego.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2014?
We are putting together a book, 2 full-length records, a 6 week US tour, and a re-release of our first full length - Destroy Me I'm Yours. Oh yeah, and I promised a friend I'd talk the Ergs into doing a live show!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2014?
Black Rainbow, Screaming Females, Underground Railroad to Candyland, Benny and the Jet Rodriguez, a new P.S. Elliot (although I don't think this is happening, I'd like it too), Lilith Velkor and the next Laura Stevenson album.
6. There is a lot of debate over streaming sites and royalties, namely with Spotify. What is your stance on the economic policies behind the current streaming services? Do you have a preferred one?
We focus on our music.