Reuben Sawyer (illustrator/ Hollow Sunshine/ Blood Bright Star)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2013? (In order 1-5)
Reuben has done illustration for deafheaven, Destruction Unit, Chelsea Wolfe, Ascetic House, Gag, Russian Circles, and more.
- Brainbombs – Disposal Of A Dead Body
- Mark Kozelek & Desertshore
- Dark Buddha Rising - Dakhmandal
- Black Boned Angel - The End
- Destruction Unit - Deep Trip
2. What band did you discover in 2013 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Glifted. Haven't heard too many bands really that can achieve the same sound. Highly recommended listen. Thanks Lindsay!
3. How will you remember 2013? (In terms of music)
The year Jarred and Petey took over and deafheaven became the world’s most popular "metal" band.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2014?
More art, more records.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2014?
The Goslings should record something new. They won’t though. Some Ember LP is gonna slay.
6. There is a lot of debate over streaming sites and royalties, namely with Spotify. What is your stance on the economic policies behind the current streaming services? Do you have a preferred one?
It’s all the same: the digital age is cheap and you don't have to buy into it.