Adam Gecking (Say-10 Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Single Mothers - Negative Qualities
- Pears - Go To Prison
- White Lung - Deep Fantasy
- Doomsday Student - A Walk Through Hysteria Park
- Cory Branan - The No Hit Wonder
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Brutal Youth! This band blew me away this year. I am not sure how I hadn't heard of them before, but Nick Woods from Direct Hit! told me to check them out. I did and then I couldn't get them out of my head. I am looking forward to working with them in 2015!
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
I think each year music gets better. I know it is really easy to fall into a rut where all of your favorite albums came out 10+ years ago, but luckily enough I seem to get constantly floored by new bands/music on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis. 2014 was no exception to this.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Reissues by The Scandals and Brutal Youth to kick the year off, tons of skateboards and hopefully another big show in Richmond. Also new full-lengths from the Daycare Swindlers, Walk the Plank, and a split LP for Karbomb and Seagulls.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
The new Old Flings record. Those guys are the best dudes.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Drinking from pineapples! Seriously I didn't know this was a thing. Jason Guy Smiley blew my mind.