Bob Farley (Mayfly Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You
- Raveonettes - Pe'ahi
- Nothing - Guilty of Everything
- Merchandise - After the End
- (tie)Marissa Nadler- July and Future Islands - Singles
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Youth Code, this band embodies everything I love about '90s industrial without feeling forced. I'm really excited to see what they do next!
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
Like most years, it's the reunions that jump out at me. There were so many good ones: Slowdive, American Football, Mineral, and more!
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
New music from Whenskiesaregray, AXIS, Wish List, Crisis Arm, Heart Attack Man, and much more!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
For me right now, AXIS has been working on their LP for months, I'm dying to hear it. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank. Hoping for new stuff from True Widow, Chelsea Wolfe, Wild Nothing, and J Mascis.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
For me this year was all over the place. We saw Code Orange get a number one record, shoegaze getting a more established base, and some really solid efforts from established bands. I won't even try to identify a trend.