Tony Pacheco (Save Your Generation Records/Rubber Legs PR)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Somos - Temple of Plenty
- Hawk & Son - ATK
- Fireworks - Oh Common Life
- Viewfinder - Do You Even Want Anything?
- OsoOsoOso - EP
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Viewfinder. The '90s revival came strong this year and there are a ton of bands that do it pretty well but Viewfinder (and most of Self Aware's roster for that matter) do it the best. It tapped me back into a lot of stuff I listened to in high school that still holds up 15+ years later.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
Every year there is more! And that's not necessarily a bad thing it can just make it harder to really absorb anything before you're on to the next. Spotify feeds that style of listening too, I actually went back to burning CDs and buying CDs to try and enjoy albums as a whole.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
A lot! A new Lawnmower LP called Major Head Injury that is amazing and I'm really excited to be a part of. Our Jawbreaker tribute will come out with Loose Planes, Save Ends, Reward, Kid Brother Collective, Grey Gordon, and more. A couple 4-way splits with bands I've wanted to work with for awhile and another tribute LP that we're not announcing yet.
And a 3 song EP from Fireworks' guitarist Brett Ayala Jones, Tramp (pre-orders go live monday 12/22).
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
- Oso oso
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
I'm getting old, trends are lost on me. I don't have time to pay attention to what everyone else is doing.