Mike Riley (Toxic Pop Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Jason Isbell - Southeastern
- Ryan Adams - s/t
- Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You
- Hurula - Vi Är Människorna Våra Föräldrar Varnade Oss För
- Gameface - Now is What Matters Now
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
The only band that was new to me this year that I really dug was Hurula. It's a solo project from the singer/guitarist from Masshysteri. The man knows how to craft a melody that is both captivating and dark. It's a bit more pop influenced than the punk roots of Masshysteri, but every bit as engaging.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
The year I found so few albums that I really liked that it was hard for me to come up with a top 10.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
The Widows Watch LP will be released in early January. After that will be the first installment of the Tenement singles collection LPs that I'm co-releasing with Grave Mistake Records.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
The new Tenement LP on Don Giovanni Records.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Bloodlet reunion at A389 Bash. Most excited I've been for a reunion in a while and they did not disappoint.