Salinas Records (Marco Reosti)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2018? (Preferably in order 1-5)
- Bonny Doon - Long Wave
- Carb on Carb - For Ages
- Dark Thoughts - LP II
- Heavy Pockets - Pure Evil
- Night Shop - In The Break
2. What band did you discover in 2018 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I went to see my friend who was touring with Night Shop. It was really fantastic to see Justin Sullivan, who I had seen almost 15 years earlier playing in The Insurgent, still making really thoughtful music that sounded totally different but that was still sincere and reflective.
3. How will you remember 2018? (In terms of music)
2018 was the year that Salinas moved into its own space. After 15 years in my basement, I packed up all the record and moved them across the country and into my friend Jeff's warehouse.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2019?
- Big Nothing LP
- Freezing Cold LP
- Radiator Hospital LP
- Vacation EP
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2019?
I dunno. Hopefully Dark Thoughts will put out another LP.
6. Right now there are two primary types of digital services: subscription streaming and the bandcamp approach that's more individualized. Do you have a preference and what direction do you think future streaming/download services will move toward?
I don't really care much, I'm still mostly interested in records, but I guess I think people get a little more directly involved with people making music through bandcamp. That's something I value in music, and therefore, I guess I prefer bandcamp.