Toxic Pop Records/Pulling Teeth (Mike Riley)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2018? (Preferably in order 1-5)
- Superchunk - What a Time To Be Alive
- Night Birds - Roll Credits
- Culture Abuse - Bay Dreams
- Dark Thoughts - At Work
- Former Member - Old Youth
2. What band did you discover in 2018 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
State Drugs - Chris from Pulling Teeth's new band based out of Denver. Great indie-pop along the lines of Gin Blossoms, Gameface, Liars Academy, the Jealous Sound, etc.
3. How will you remember 2018? (In terms of music)
First year in a long time that I did not make or release any music. (If you're in northern Colorado, hit me up.)
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2019?
Would love to find some people in the Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins area to make some music with.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2019?
The Conmen LP, State Drugs LP
6. Right now there are two primary types of digital services: subscription streaming and the bandcamp approach that's more individualized. Do you have a preference and what direction do you think future streaming/download services will move toward?
Spotify/Apple Music/etc. are just too convenient for the listener and aren't going anywhere any time soon. It would rule if they would pay artists more, but I'm not holding my breath. Bandcamp is great for artists and pretty darn easy for listeners/consumers. It's about the only digital space where artists can make any decent money. If you're in a band or run a label and your music isn't on Bandcamp, you're blowing it.