1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2018? (Preferably in order 1-5)
- Gaz Coombes - World's Strongest Man
- Arkells - Rally Cry
- Lucero - Among The Ghosts
- Sean MacGowan - Son Of The Smith
- Beans On Toast - A Bird In The Hand
2. What band did you discover in 2018 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
War On Women. They have completely reinvigorated my hope for hardcore punk.
3. How will you remember 2018? (In terms of music)
Releasing and touring Be More Kind has taken up most of my year. And losing Scott Hutchison has been a real tragedy.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2019?
I have a new book coming out in March, I'm making a new album pretty soon, and I have a couple of side projects about to pop as well. Keeping myself busy.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2019?
I actually managed to snag an advance copy of the new Pedro The Lion record, out in January. It's an absolute masterpiece.
6. Right now there are two primary types of digital services: subscription streaming and the bandcamp approach that's more individualized. Do you have a preference and what direction do you think future streaming/download services will move toward?
I don't really have a preference, but I'd say that the streaming model, for the mainstream industry, is fundamentally unworkable in the long run, and I think a big crash of some kind is in the pipeline there (though I wouldn't guess as to when).