Body Stuff (Curran Reynolds)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2018? (Preferably in order 1-5)
- Lingua Ignota - All Bitches Die reissue
- Mutilation Rites - Chasm
- Jesus Piece - Only Self
- Jorge Elbrecht - Here Lies
- Ghost - Prequelle
2. What band did you discover in 2018 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
The Shangri-Las' version of "He Cried" really rocked me. Also, the Rolling Stones. I always took the Stones for granted, but a few weeks ago I saw Hal Ashby's 1983 concert film, Let's Spend the Night Together, and I came to love them overnight.
3. How will you remember 2018? (In terms of music)
I finished writing and recording my third solo EP, Body Stuff 3.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2019?
Body Stuff 3.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2019?
I look forward to new music by Bhad Bhabie, Collapsing Scenery, and all the bands I'll be repping as a publicist. For my PR work, see here: http://thechainworld.com
6. Right now there are two primary types of digital services: subscription streaming and the bandcamp approach that's more individualized. Do you have a preference and what direction do you think future streaming/download services will move toward?
As an artist, I like the control that artists have over their own Bandcamp pages.