Nathan Martin (HANNAHBAND)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2016? (In order 1-5)
- Martha - Blisters in the Pit of my Heart
- CAMP COPE - s/t
- Fear of Men - Fall Forever
- prizegiving - No More Harm
- Against me - Shape Shift With Me
2. What band did you discover in 2016 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
A queer two piece power pop band I'm just so glad they exist, they are making guitar music fun and colourful and inclusive again, their album Ugly Cherries really revitalized my attitude for playing pop guitar music.
3. How will you remember 2016? (In terms of music)
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2017?
Record a new album early in the year, release single - tour , release the whole thing - tour more! Hopefully visit some new places overseas.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2017?
Mere Women's third album
Oslow's debut album
The next PWR BTTM record
The new Japandroids album
6. What would you like to see more of when it comes to music coverage websites (such as ours)?
I guess it's always nice to see music media focussing on under represented people's in their content, there's just so many great queer, non male, GNC, POC, artists out there and we need to all try harder to find a better balance :)