André Foisy (Locrian)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2016? (In order 1-5)
- Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch (Sacred Bones)
- Julius Eastman - feminine (Frozen Reeds)
- Clipping - Splendor & Misery (Sub Pop)
- Horseback - Dead Ringers (Relapse)
- Emma Ruth Rundle - Marked for Death (Sargent House)
2. What band did you discover in 2016 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I rediscovered A Tribe Called Quest when they released their last album. It’s a reminder to interpret every day as a gift.
3. How will you remember 2016? (In terms of music)
I mean the above stuff are some highlights, but I’ll basically remember seeing some great musicians play with Locrian on our European tour in early 2016. I’ll also remember seeing some awesome old timey fiddlers play at the Floyd General Store.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2017?
Steven, Terence and I will be writing some new Locrian music. We haven’t decided if this will be released in 2016 or if we’ll be playing out.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2017?
Anything from Gilead Media or Utech Records and most of the stuff from Relapse Records. Hopefully some new Insect Ark music.
6. What would you like to see more of when it comes to music coverage websites (such as ours)?
In general I’d like to see more diversity in what websites cover. The lack of diversity in the metal scene isn’t just about media coverage, but it’s an aspect.