Shane Handal (Set and Setting)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2016? (In order 1-5)
- Sumac - What One Becomes
- Neurosis - Fires Within Fires
- Inter Arma - Paradise Gallows
- Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow
- Mogwai - Atomic
2. What band did you discover in 2016 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
My memory is pretty worthless sometimes... I discovered Blood Incantation this year, but not sure about how much of a significant impact it had on my life other than it gave me some sick new death metal to listen to. I kind of "re-discovered" A Tribe Called Quest this year in anticipation of their new album. Both of these bands and their 2016 albums would have been on my list above if it were longer than 5.
3. How will you remember 2016? (In terms of music)
This is a tough question, I'll remember listening to our new album a billion times while we were writing it, recording it, mixing it, creating the concept, etc. I think that will probably stick out the most if I ever reminisce about 2016. Totally self-centered, I know. Oh, Metallica came out with a new album that didn't completely suck. I may remember that... Actually, probably not.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2017?
A new album as mentioned above! We are putting out our third full-length album, Reflectionless, on January 27th, 2017. Very excited for this to finally be heard.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2017?
I'm sure a few of my favorites bands will blow my mind in 2017, but I honestly don't even know who's coming out with what next year.
6. What would you like to see more of when it comes to music coverage websites (such as ours)?
I always enjoy reading interviews, but you guys already have that going for you. Uhhh... more of us?