Bobby Hussy (The Hussy/Fire Retarded/Cave Curse/Kind Turkey Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2016? (In order 1-5)
- Angry Angles - S/T (Goner Records)
- So Pitted - Neo (Sub Pop)
- GØGGS - GØGGS (In The Red)
- Sneaks - Gymnastics (Merge Records)
- David Bowie - Blackstar (Columbia Records)
2. What band did you discover in 2016 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Sneaks. Pretty cool lo-fi bass n drum machine with simple lyrics. Very derivative but highly addictive.
3. How will you remember 2016? (In terms of music)
I'll remember it as a year of making cassettes. I spent a lot of the year helping record and produce cassettes for my buddy's label Rare Plant. I also spent a lot of time working on a big 5 cassette box set that we compiled of live Hussy recordings.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2017?
The debut Cave Curse LP. Cave Curse is my synth band. I've got Will Gunnerson from Jabberjosh playing drums with me currently. It's pretty wild stuff but still definitely pop songs. Fire Retarded's second LP will be coming out at some point during that time too. And most likely some new Hussy jams as well! Trying to keep busy over here!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2017?
The ones my friends are making in their basements around the US. The Wood Chickens LP that I recorded is coming out on Big Neck Records. That's gonna be a good one!
6. What would you like to see more of when it comes to music coverage websites (such as ours)?
That's a tough one. Maybe more under the radar coverage, but I know it's hard to keep. Just keep on keeping on, and keep up the good fight!