Dino Von Lalli (Fatso Jetson/Big Pig/Brass Eyebrow)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- Melvins - A Walk With Love and Death
- Ty Segall - s/t
- Pissed Jeans - Why Love Now
- Queens of the Stone Age - Villans
- Mastodon - Emporer of Sand
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
In 2017 Fatso Jetson did a US tour with The Obsessed and Karma to Burn. I was a first time listener for both bands and they both blew me away! Wino, Reid, Brian, Paul, Will, Eric and Evan are the sweetest dudes and they play the heaviest tunes in the world. They had a huge impact on my attitude and approach towards playing music. Those dudes are realer than the streets!!!
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
It's been a weird year.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Big Pig will be releasing a 4-song EP, Fatso Jetson will hopefully be writing and recording, Brass Eyebrow will continue to try and take over the world one double double at a time. Plus too many live shows from all thee bands!!!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
No idea, surprise me 2018! Plenty of Donald Trump fueled punk rock I'm sure!
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
Politics, Shmolitics I'm more concerned with writing about where my next burrito is going to come from!