Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer/Mára/Barnett + Coloccia/SIGE Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- Ryuchi Sakamoto - Async
- B.J Nilssen - Massiff
- Mary Jane Leach - Pipe Dreams
- Ryo Murakami - Esto
- Aine O'Dwyer
- Lungfish - Sound in Time
- The Caretaker
- Leland Kerby
- Terry Riley - Les Yeux Fermes
- Jon Mueller
- Phil Elvirum live
- Endon - Through the Mirror
- Daniel Menche - Sleeper
- Nordra - s/t
- SUMAC practicing/writing/recording at my home
- Kelly Akashi
- Gilda Davidian
- Akina Cox
- Giséle Vienne
- Paulo Gonzales
- Candice Lin
- Travis Rommereim
- Sarah Ferrick
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Ryuchi Sakamoto and The Caretaker
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
Music is equated with saying no to performing live shows because I wanted to stay home with my newborn baby!
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Records I will have out in 2018:
- Mára - Silver Disc CS (SIGE)
- Barnett + Coloccia LP/CS - VLF (SIGE)
- Mamiffer 2xLP - The Brilliant Tabernacle
- and a few collaborations.
Sige records will be releasing:
- Black Spirituals - Black Access/Black Axes
- William Fowler Collins - Field Music
- Nordra - Pylon ll
- SUMAC - Live on WFMU
- Mára - Silver Disc
- Barnett + Coloccia - VLF
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
- Black Spirituals
- Zachary James Watkins
- Marshall Trammell
- William Fowler Collins
- Aaron Turner solo music
- Philip Jeck
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
It gives me a stronger belief in and dedication to community, love, underground communication, bonding, supporting creativity, and valuing that which makes life good and worth living.