Mario Lalli (Fatso Jetson/Yawning Man)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- Saccharine Trust - The Great One Is Dead
- True Widow - Avvolgere
- Double Naught Spy Car
- PJ Harvey- The Hope Six Demolition
- Circle - Terminal
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
A project called Deru.
The album 1979 in particular... the opening track of layered pianos and keyboards has a melody approach that really influenced my writing musically.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
Lots of hard work touring, 2 US tours and 2 Euro UK tours ...first time really making this kind of commitment.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Both Fatso Jetson and Yawning Man will be releasing new full-length records and extensive touring.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Big Pig, Earth, PJ Harvey
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
I have never really written from that part of my consciousness but I'm sure the anxiety makes its way into the music for sure.