André Foisy (Locrian)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
I don't have a top five, but here are some albums that I have enjoyed:
- Arca – s/t
- Gnaw – Cutting Pieces
- Fever Ray – Plunge
- Godflesh – Post Self
- Pharmakon – Contact
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I didn't discover them this year, but I have listened to Public Image Ltd a lot. I'm particularly impressed by Keith Levene's guitar playing. I love how hypnotic is is.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
I will remember 2017 as being a total blur.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
I expect that we will record a new Locrian album in 2018 and it will either be released in late 2018 or early 2019.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Anything on Utech Records.
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
The current atmosphere demonstrates that musicians and artists need to help inspire conversations about pressing issues, which may be uncomfortable, but that need to happen.