1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
answers by Conor Devlin and Jason Lakis.
Conor: The only record I bought in 2017 that was released in 2017 was Krallice. So that's my top 1-5.
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Conor: King Crimson's entire output, generally, and Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark, particularly. Significance: Crimson's daring and Mitchell's song structures.
Jason: I like that new Omni LP. Con got me to pull out all my old King Crimson LPs.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
Conor: I don't know what happened in music in 2017. Was it good? Seeing Opeth three times is what I'll remember most.
Jason: King Gizzard put out FOUR full-length albums. Hot Snakes in SF. Recording and Mixing in Berkeley.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Conor: We'll finish a full-length and maybe play some shows. It's hard since we live in two continents.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Conor: I'd be happy to see new records from Opeth, Deathspell Omega, Krallice, Mutilation Rites and Scott Walker.
Jason: the new Hot Snakes
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
Conor: It doesn't affect how I write music or create art in any way.