1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
answers by Sicco (bass), Guido (guitar) en Ton (drums)
- Liam Gallagher – As You Were
- Arno De Cea And The Clockwork Wizards – Flash Freezing The Sun
- InHeaven - InHeaven
- Powertrip - Nightmare Logic
- Obituary - Obituary
- Heath Green & the Makeshifters - s/t
- Disastroid - Screen
- Dead Cross - s/t
- Death Alley - Live at Roadburn
- Da Captain Trips - Adventures in the Upsidedown
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Guido: I still discover gems in music history.
There is this band from the '80s called Alter Natives they're from Virginia and basically all members from GWAR. I've been listening a lot to their 4th and last album Buzz (SST ‘89) It's an amazing redivinition of surf-punk. If it can be catagorized at all.
Sicco: I discover still a lot of music, both new and old. A little less than when I wrote for music mags, but still. I love Travis Meadows. Americana/ Country artist. He's been around for a while, but I just discovered his music. Impulse Mannslaughter. Crossover metal band from the mid-eighties. I've always been a big metal fan. I was a tape trader in the 80ies. Sometimes I still discover some bands from that period. Most of the time because I buy them somewhere on vinyl (2nd hand). Same goes for Watchtower (Energetic Disassembly). Another great band is Bario Tiger. Really love their new album Ave Maria.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
Guido: Still discovering older bands, most new releases are things iIve heard before, but not better. Some make it their own and blend it into something new. But it's hard to keep up with all platforms, it's more devided now.
Sicco: As the year we worked hard on our new album. I think that was and still is my main focus.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Our brand new album. We recently finished the recordings. It's our first fully instrumental record. We are really excited about that. And a new video.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Sicco: The new one from Tool...
Guido: I don't know until I've heard them.
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
Guido: It doesn't, except that we start to integrate even more foreign influences (scales and rythm).
Sicco: I agree..