Mike Wiebe (Riverboat Gamblers/Drakulas/Ghost Knife)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- Total Control - Laughing at the System
- Culture Abuse - Peach
- The Shins - Heartworms
- A Giant Dog - Toy
- Wu Tang Clan - The Saga Continues
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Traams. I know little about them but I love them and what they do. They've made me think about minimalism in music.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
Trying to streamline my songwriting. looking at new aspects of music.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
I hope new Gamblers, Drakulas and possibly a solo record... I'm recording with all of those projects but I'm not sure if they'll all get released in 2018.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
Hot Snakes, Roky Moon and Bolt. I hope new Danny Brown? Hopefully something amazing that I've never heard of before.
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
It's been horribly depressing and it's made me have to work harder to not be distracted, but cutting down on distraction is a good thing to learn.