Justin Pearson (Three One G/Retox/Dead Cross/Planet B)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- Panicker LP
- Metz - Strange Peace LP
- Anal Trump - If You Thought 6,000,000 Jews Was A Lot of People, You Should've Seen My Inaguration! 5" EP
- Chelsea Wolf - Hiss Spun
- Liars - TFCF LP
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Working with Luke Henshaw of Planet B. Everyone and everything has significance, however, the details are in the way the man works.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Possibly new material from Dead Cross, Retox, and Planet B. Probably other stuff as well, as I live in a weird world.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
I try to avoid anticipation.
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
It affects and influences everything in my life. From the music that I'm part of, to how I present myself, even down to how I spend time and energy, you can't avoid the shit show that we are currently experiencing. This resonates for me:
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And theopposite of life is not death, it's indifference. Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. To be in the window and watch people being sent to concentration camps or being attacked in the street and do nothing, that's being dead.
- Elie Wiesel