Eli Hansen (Real Numbers)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
- The Stevens - Good (Chapter Music)
- Rays - Rays (Trouble In Mind)
- Business of Dreams - Business of Dreams (Parked In Hell)
- Mick Trouble - It's the Mick Trouble EP (Emotional Response) -- these two are actually EP's but they're so good
- Finesse - Unbroken Memory (Guilt Ridden Pop)
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
The Carousel. They sounds like if the Marine Girls were from the 15th Century.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
I'll remember 2017 fondly for the Real Numbers West Coast tour which was a major adventure. Ever been to Chico's Sycamore Pool?
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
Expect at the very least a new COZY 45. Real Numbers is currently writing new material but will it be out in time for next year.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
The Mick Trouble LP!
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
If I was younger I probably would have started a punk band to vent but that ship has most definitely sailed. As it stands we're going to keep making music and letting it evolve without too much modern external influence while donating as much band money as possible to charitable causes. Our first LP came out a month before the election so I'd like to believe that it helped relieve some stress or put smiles on faces or something.