Adam Carroll (Good Friend)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2017? (In order 1-5)
This was tough there were a couple extras I wanted to add in. (The Flatliners and The Lillingtons)
- The Menzingers - After The Party
- Nothington - In The End
- Sincere Engineer - Rhombithian
- Shinobi Fantobi - Dogs in Pubs with Clothes on
- I Like Allie - s/t
2. What band did you discover in 2017 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I am not sure there was a band that had a singificant influence on my life. But these bands got me through 2017 intact.
PUP, Turnover, Direct Hit!, Julien Baker, The Copyrights, Creeper, and Violent Soho.
3. How will you remember 2017? (In terms of music)
It will always been remembered by me as the year we met MakeWar and for the three weeks we spent taking on America together for the first time on the Red Scare, League of Nations Tour. It was definitely a year of firsts for us and we want to continue that in the future.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2018?
We are going to Europe around spring time and getting some more miles under our belt. Hopefully we get back to the States later in the year too. We are currently writing a new album which we will be recording this year. We're busy, it's exciting and we are gonna kick the dick clean off it!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2018?
I am really looking forward to the Steveo & the Crippling Addictions record, Desolation Monday out in January. We got to hear a few of the songs when we played together in The Tin Roof, Charleston, SC together and I can't wait to hear them on record.
The new Xcerts album will be out too. From the snippets it sounds like there are more hooks than a pirate convention.
6. For most, 2017 will be remembered as a year of political and social conflict. How does that cultural atmosphere influence your own music or artistic life?
I think everyone has a responsibility as a musician to document their place in time. Things have been kind of crazy all over this year with Trump, Brexit, and the Irish border issue, The collapse of the government in Northern Ireland, The spread of the alt right, The Cholera outbreak in Yemen, Catalans struggle for independence, the continued terror campaign by ISIL, The end of Mugabe's dictatorship, the deaths of Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, and Tom Petty, North Korea's Nuclear tactics and probably best not mention Russia... They probably already know we have mentioned them... But historically with political and social turmoil comes a creative outpouring from the world and a new movement so at least we can look forward to that. We certainly have a lot of material to work with...