Russ Rankin (Only Crime/Good Riddance)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
- 7 Seconds - Leave A Light On
- The Fray - Helios
- Manchester Orchestra - Cope
- Bane - Don’t Wait Up
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Iron Chic. I heard them when we played shows in Edmonton, immediately bought whatever they had released on iTunes. Was able to play with them and watch them live at Fest in Gainesville, FL.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
Only Crime FINALLY releasing our third album, which we began writing in 2008.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Hopefully a new Good Riddance album, lots of shows, and hopefully another solo album!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
I don’t know what’s coming out.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
I have noticed a ton of songs which “feature” one or more other artists collaborating or making guest appearances.