Jeff Lohrber (Enabler/Today Is the Day)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Godflesh - World Lit Only By Fire
- Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways
- Eyehategod - s/t
- Gridlink - Longhena
- Martyrdod - Elddop
(Other honorable mentions - At the Gates, Entombed AD, Sunn 0))) + Scott Walker, Sunn 0))) / Ulver, Behemoth, Thou, Swans, Earth.)
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Morbus Chron. Their new record, Sweven, is fantastic. This record is a really unique take on Swedish death metal, I'd never heard anything like it really.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
It's a year that I will never forget. Enabler released our 2nd proper full-length in May, La Fin Absolue Du Monde, which secured us a record deal with the almighty Century Media Records, and after 9 years of on-and-off involvement behind the kit with Today Is the Day, I'm finally on a proper full-length, the 10th album Animal Mother that was released in October by Southern Lord Records, which I feel is one of the best records released by Today Is the Day. I couldn't be more proud to have my name on both of the releases. On top of that, both bands had support slots on two separate legs of tour with Eyehategod. It's been one of the hardest years on me personally, but one of the most positive years for me as a musician.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
There will be a brand new Enabler full-length.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
Napalm Death, and I think Faith No More is releasing a new album next year too?!?
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
I'm not sure that I have a good answer for this. Are there any trends going on right now? Of course there are, I just don't have time for them. I've been on 7 tours this year, released 2 records, and wrote a brand new album. I don't have time for that shit!