1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
Too much good stuff to say who is in my top 5.
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Strafplanet – Austrian."Go-Fuck-Yourself“
Punkrock with groovy rock ’n’ roll riffs. Nice stuff!
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
A lot of weird academic post-punk dipping more into the "art“ category than outspokenly punk.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Hopefully we’ll be able to put out at least one more release. If it’s gonna be a full-length, a split, or just a seven" is quite unclear right about now. But we are in the process of writing new songs where Benny tries to rip off good guitarists even more than on the "Lies We Live.“ Expect weird riffs and way too fast songs for what the riffs were actually written for.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
I don’t know. I’ll happily be suprised by whatever great record comes out and blows everything out of the water. I love those moments when you just get passed a 12“ with a, "You have to hear this!“ and be blown away by some band I never heard of before.
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Gear-Mania just got to another level. You hardly see bands using just one amp for their guitar, combos vanished entirely, and bassplayers come with build-in 8*10 Ampeg fridges nowadays. Also you see a fuckload of rare boutique amps or heads from Russian companys you can’t even spell. Kinda funny considering that nearly none of those artists (like ourselves) play the big stages but still spent all they got into crazy gear.