Lauren Denitzio (Worriers)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Total Treble)
- Cayetana - Nervous Like Me (Tiny Engines)
- Radiator Hospital - Torch Song (Salinas)
- Priests - Bodies and Control and Money and Power (Don Giovanni)
- Black Rainbow - Black Rainbow (Star Cleaner)
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I don’t know that I can say that a band had a life-changing impact on me but I think this band Merkin, from New Brunswick, is pretty indicative of a renewed faith I have in DIY and kids just going out there and getting weird. They were heavy and punk as fuck and you could tell by the look on the singer’s face that they were REALLY excited but also surprised that they were making such loud, punk music--as if it were this wild experience that was just happening to them. I couldn’t have any other reaction but being very excited for them and just wanting to cheer them on. It was awesome and I just want more shows like that.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
The year everyone in bands moved to Philadelphia and I went to more shows there than in Brooklyn, where I actually live.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
Worriers is working on our first real full-length LP, among other things!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
Sleater Kinney and Against Me! What else is there?
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Emo bands with clever lyrics about the internet.