Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer/SIGE Records)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
(not in order)
- Menace Ruine - Venus Armata
- Hildur Guðnadóttir - Saman
- Austerity Program - Beyond Calculation
- Alcest - Shelter
- Dirk Serries - Microphonics XXIII - There's A Light In Vein
- Killing Sound - Killing Sound
- Christopher William Anderson - Moskenstraumen
- Russell Haswell - Conceptual nO!se
- Grouper live
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
My first time seeing Grouper live on November 1st, 2014. Her show was beautiful, and so well put together and thorough. We saw her with good friends as well, and it reminded me of the reason I love seeing someone perform, witnessing someone share their inner world during a special moment in time.
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
Chaos, illusions, and breaking through barriers underground.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
- 1 new Mamiffer full length
- 1 new Mamiffer EP
- A new Barnett + Coloccia record on Blackest Ever Black
- Mamiffer touring US and Europe
- 2 new art books
- collaboration with Daniel Menche
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
New records from:
- Daniel Menche
- William Fowler Collins
- Black Spirituals
- Kevin Drumm
- Marissa Nadler
- Jon Mueller
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Overwhelming information, holograms, and unseen low-profile abundance.