The Blind Shake
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2014? (In order 1-5)
- Goat - Commune
- East link - s/t
- Golden Pelicans - s/t 12"
- Dream Salon - Soft Stab
- Wand - Ganglion Reef
2. What band did you discover in 2014 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Bee keepers from Oakland. Hungry hungry live show!
3. How will you remember 2014? (In terms of music)
Super long waits for vinyl because the major labels are back in the game. The smaller bands and labels who have always embraced vinyl are being forced to wait much longer to get their records. This is a single edge sword.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2015?
A surf collaboration with John Reis called Modern Surf Classics coming out on Swami, a 12" EP of home recorded songs called Fly Right coming out on Slovenly, and a European tour in April.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2015?
The new record by Thee Oh Sees. The new line-up has some great new songs live!
6. What trend will you forever associate with 2014 in music?
Another re-re-birth of tapes!