1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
- Red Scare – 15 years of Tears and Beers
- Cradle of Filth – Cruelty and the Beast (Remistressed)
- Age of Unreason – Bad Religion
- Teenage Bottlerocket – Stay Rad
- Midsommar – OST
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I discovered Birdcloud this year. I almost had to be hospitalised. What made them significant was the fact that I laughed so hard I almost choked and died three times. Thrice. Also, and this is going to infuriate so many people, but I got into Morrissey in 2019. Bona Drag, not his politics. I was so disappointed when I read about all the England First shite that I somehow ended up storming through charity shops and angrily buying his records. What’s worse is they’re good. Prick.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
I’ll remember being lucky enough to tour the West Coast of the US in not one, but SEVEN different vehicles. I’ll also remember it for being the year in which I recorded an album that I think is the best thing I’ve ever done. It was an absolute turnip fight, but I’m really proud of it. I loved playing a Halloween show this year too. I dressed as Death and played Misfits jams. It was brutal.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
I have a new album coming out in March, I’ll be playing a string of release shows and hopefully touring my turnips off. It’s going to be unbearable. For you. I’m going to LOVE IT.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
The Lawrence Arms have a new record coming out and I’m always excited to see what kind of gorgeous mayhem those chums pop off. That will just about make my year. I’m actually also really looking forward to my album coming out. Also, I just realised I don’t know who’s putting out new music until it’s out.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
Mostly I just fart and cry. I’m kidding, I can’t cry anymore. I spend so much time just looking out the window and talking turnips. I listen to audiobooks (currently The Secret History of Twin Peaks, last tour was just a shedload of Stephen King) and read (with my eyes) and play dice, work on my stand-up comedy, play mind games (not like, psychologically abusing people; more like warped versions of I Spy), and I skate! I also keep a diary and I write a lot of lyrics. I try not to just do things to pass time, though, I try to just live. To pass time, I just live.