The Holy Circle (Rob Savillo)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
- USA/Mexico - Matamoros
- Diät - Positive Disintegration
- Cherubs - Immaculada High
- Have A Nice Life - Sea of Worry
- The Twilight Sad - It Won/t Be Like This All The Time
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
USA/Mexico. Can't believe I've slept on this. Listened to 2019's Matamoros first and was just blown away. Sludgy and ugly and groovy.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
Loud and sad.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
We're piecing together what will be my second album with The Holy Circle.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
The next Holy Circle record, ha! I'm not really on the pulse. I have no idea what's coming.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
Longmont Potion Castle. Books on tape. Nintendo Switch. Checking out a local brewery. Record shopping. Food.
Photo by Derek Rush / The Holy Circle at Brooklyn Bazaar re:nu gatherings.