Seizures (Cameron Miller)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
- Lust For Youth - Lust For Youth
- HTRK - Venus in Leo
- Teeth - The Curse of Entropy
- Ithaca - The Language of Injury
- Night Sins - Portrait in Silver
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Orville Peck. I’m not into country but I’m into Chris Isaak and Roy Orbison. Orville sounds like a more western version of them and I really like his message/image. One of my favorite records and performances this year. Glad I got to see the new gay icon perform his hits to an intimate crowd at the Troubadour before he gets huge.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
There’s too many bands, which is good and bad. You might think people are sleeping on your own music but there’s just so much new stuff coming out right now. I think it’s a good thing too because I know I’ll probably spend the rest of my life discovering music from this decade that I “slept” on.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
Seizures is already working on new material. Definite touring and possible release(s) in 2020.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
The Cure, it’s supposedly darker like Pornography and Disintegration. Haven’t really looked at the record forecast, always want rad weirdo surprises.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
Just audiobooks and records in between Longmont Potion Castle.