Fathers (Eddie Maestas - guitar)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
Man, I feel like 2019 was not a very good year for music. Fortunately there were a few bangers that stood out.
- Monolord - No Comfort
- The Munsens - Unhanded
- Bummer - Thanks For Nothing EP
- Tim Hecker - Anoyo
- Full of Hell - Weeping Choir
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Well, I didn't discover Whores in 2019, but I definitely slept on their last record, Gold. It's been on my turntable for a few solid months and it's not leaving any time soon. Hands down, the best guitar tones I've ever heard on a heavy album. Crushing riffs and lyrics that have a general hate for everything. This is as tough an album as heavy music gets.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
Again, this year was very underwhelming for me, as far as music is concerned. From a personal stand point, I was very happy to be back in the studio with Fathers to record our sophomore release.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
Well, we are planning a few short tours in the next few months. Mostly short regional dates, followed by a longer trip to the south. By then we should have enough material to blast out another album. No rest for the wicked.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
Dead Cross revealed they were about to record again. I also read something about Whores going back in the studio, so that probably won't let anyone down.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
Last tour we were in a bus, so I had my Playstation with me. A couple of us are heavy gamers, so that was pretty cool. I also listen to a lot of podcasts ranging from MMA, true crime, and history.