The Holy Circle / Axebreaker / Locrian (Terence Hannum)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
- Diat - Positive Disintegration
- Turquoise Days - Further Strategies (Reissue)
- Vaura - Sables
- TR/ST - The Destroyer - 2
- Curse - Metamorphism
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
Dos Monos, around the time The Holy Circle signed with Deathbomb Arc, Brian released their new LP and I fell in love. The LP is noisey and poppy hip-hop that has so many interesting sonic ideas packed into it. I listen to it all the time, and it's brilliant.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
Feels kind of like a limbo, I don't think major changes were made or genres progressed. Honestly it feels like a lot of looking at the past -- I don't mind it. I just don't know the band that stands out like -- that is the future.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
My solo cassette Dissolving the Bonds will be released on Flag Day in early 2020, as well as my new cassette from AXEBREAKER, my anti-fascist power-electronics project, the album is called Vigilance and will come with a live CD included on Obsolete Units. LOCRIAN is writing a bunch of new ideas and should record. THE HOLY CIRCLE has about half a new full-length that we're playing live as we write the rest of the LP, should be recording soon.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
FOTOCRIME's new one.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
On the recent HOLY CIRCLE tour we were pretty deep in LONGMONT POTION CASTLE, it definitely got us through the drives. I am not the biggest podcast fan, not many people are that interesting to listen to (sorry, not sorry), the only one I listened to is COCAINE AND RHINESTONES, mainly because I love country music, but who knows when the second season will come on.