The Lawrence Arms/The Wandering Birds/Red Scare Industries/The Falcon (Brendan Kelly)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2019? (In order 1-5)
- The Menzingers - Hello Exile
- Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
I don’t know what else exists.
2. What band did you discover in 2019 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I got into Dave Van Ronk. Highly recommended.
3. How will you remember 2019? (In terms of music)
We toured with Bad Religion. That is the culmination of 30 years of fandom for us. Real dream come true.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2020?
We (The Lawrence Arms) will have a new album out at some point on Epitaph and I think I can speak for everyone in the band when I say you’re gonna love it and remember why we’re known as the “world’s greatest band."
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2020?
Sam Russo has a new one coming out and it’s awesome, and the Bombpops do too. I’ve heard both, but I’m excited to see everyone get their minds blown by both of these amazing and underrated acts.
6. What is your favorite way to pass time while on tour? Any apps, podcasts, etc you're into?
We actually do a lot of talking to each other on tour. We play lots of dumb word games and brain teaser type stuff. When everyone is finally sick of me and starts ignoring me, I do a lot of twitter bullshit. I also really like the podcasts Talkin Simpsons, Chapo, and Cum Town, and I’m looking forward to the next season of Cocaine and Rhinestones.
photo by Charlie Wrzesniewski