1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Idles - Ultra Mono
- Rotten Mind - Rat City Dog Boy
- Muro - Pacificar
- DFMK - s/t
- Bad Cop/Bad Cop - The Ride
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I want to say Bench Press from Australia. Their riffs sent me on a new music path. I love the interactions between bass and guitar. Also their Fugazi-like vocals.
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
2020: the year live music got replaced by live stream performances.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
We are writing a new album now, hopefully it will be out sometime next year.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
Shiiiiiiit, I feel like a lot of new music from all my friends is going to be out; it’s hard to pin point any specific band. I just know everyone finally had the time to work on those riffs they had on their voice memos from last year... I’m stoked to hear the new Teenage Bottlerocket because I know they were in the studio a couple of months ago. So was Signals Midwest, and Good Friend.
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
It’s hard to think of a positive spin to this global pandemic. But thinking on how this pandemic has affected me personally. I’m grateful for the free time it has given me. It gave the opportunity to be creative, get back into illustration, and write more music. I wrote so many dumb songs just because. Illustrated thoughts, dreams, and conversations just because it was fun. Even built things for my apartment just because I needed something to do. Before the pandemic, I was constantly on the move, working tons, stressed the fuck out, dreaming of the day I’ll have free time to do the things im doing now. And now that I have the “free time card” im trying to enjoy it as much as I can. Because as awesome as free time is, eventually when it’s safe and makes sense, I can’t wait to go on tour and play live music again.
Much love, stay safe, wear a mask and see y’ll soon. Edwin.