Divided Heaven (Jeff Berman)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Creeper - Sex, Death & the Infinite Void
- Lydia Loveless - Daughter
- Sam Russo - Back To The Party
- Bad Cop / Bad Cop - The Ride
- Mercy Music - Nothing In The Dark
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I immediately fell in love with Creeper from the UK, upon first hearing their new record. Creeper is certainly not new, but they are new to me!
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
Not very well, I don't think. There have been some great records this year (see the aforementioned list). However, I usually attribute records to my life in terms of where I hear them, where I'm touring at the time; in a very geographic sense. Seeing as I spent most the year at home, in fear and uninspired... I'll be glad to move on from this year and look forward to making new musical memories in the future.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
New Divided Heaven singles in January and April and a new record on the horizon! New Protagonist single, too!
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
You mean besides my own?!? I'm looking forward to Mike Noegraf's new record and I hope there's a new Tiny Stills record, too (get on that Kailynn!)
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
2020 has been a heavy year for me personally: much bad and good. Most notably, I moved from Los Angeles to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. And, AND, it was sweet to see trump lose, because he is a fucking fascist loser pig. Here's to 2021!