Days N Daze / Escape from the ZOO / Chad Hates George (Jesse Sendejas)
1. What are your top five albums that were released in 2020? (In order 1-5)
- Chatterbox and the Latter Day Satanists - The Difference Between Thieves and Crooks
- Oliver Tree - Ugly is Beautiful
- GoldWolf - Not Lost
- NOFX/Frank Turner - West Coast vs. Wessex
- Less Than Jake - Silver Linings
2. What band did you discover in 2020 (can be a brand new band or an older band) that had an impact on your life? What made them significant?
I just started jammin' Oliver Tree recently. That new album, Ugly is Beautiful, has been keepin' me motivated to get shit done through this inherently stagnant time. Just nice to have somethin' new to my ears, rowdy, and a bit irreverent, but still well-written and well-crafted to throw in the headphones and get my ass movin' when I wake up.
3. How will you remember 2020? (In terms of music)
Haha, I'll remember hearin' alot of great sets through facebook or youtube. The stream shows like Coping With Dystopia, the Fest stream, the Moonrunners stream have all been really awesome, interesting, experiences and a good holdover 'til we can get back to live in person shows.
4. What can we look forward to from you in 2021?
Hopefully we'll be out on the road playin' some fun shows at some point next year!! Escape from the ZOO should have a new album out early 2021, Days N Daze may release some new stuff, although we'll probably let our last release, Show Me The Blueprints, simmer a while longer as we just released that in May. Our main hope for 2021 is to get back on the road, though, so fingers crossed.
5. What records are you looking forward to most in 2021?
Hm, I guess I don't really keep up with what's primed for release. Usually just stumble across things that have already been kickin' around. Though, I did google upcoming releases out of curiosity and according to wikipedia Rob Zombie is releasing an album called The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy March 12th, so now you know that.
6. Trying to put a positive spin on things, what is your favorite development from the global pandemic this year? (Is there a new medium you enjoy, a specific song or collaboration, personal news, etc. that was a bright spot?)
What an awful handful of months, huh? If any good came outta the shitstorm that has been 2020 I spose I have noticed people makin' the effort to just check in on one another more often. I hope that trend continues even after we get back into the swing if things. Just a little text message or somethin' here and there askin' how someone's feelin' can mean more than ya know. For me, personally, it's been nice to get some time at home with the family. I love bein' on the road, but the road is always gonna be there. The time we get with our loved ones is, unfortunately, fleeting so I'm grateful to have been able to kick it around the house with the folks, my sister, and the animals for a while just watchin' movies and whatnot.